MY FEBRUARY WRITING CHALLENGE: DAY 7 OF 28
I received such a beautiful compliment today from a friend who does some work with Model Meals on the weekends. She said that she admired that I was able to run a business and be so busy but still manage to find time to take care of myself. I told her that I was grateful to have learned that if I don't take care of myself, I certainly wouldn't be able to take care of a business. We cannot give what we do not possess ourselves.
And while it's late now and I'm eager to go to bed but sticking to my commitment of sharing my writing every day, I wanted to share some of the daily self-care practices that I think play a key role in my own wellness, and that I think would be great tools in anyone else's personal growth, wellness, and self-discovery.
- getting enough sleep
- clean eating: I avoid all grains, dairy, sugar or any sweeteners, alcohol, and processed foods
- stream of consciousness journaling
- writing a biography of yourself as exactly who you want to be in this lifetime
- writing a journal entry from your future as if you woke up in your dream life and were describing the reality around you
- read or learn something new (books, podcasts, etc)
- vision board - I use pinterest
Much more to come on these habits specifically, but these are the ones I practice nearly every single day and have changed my life immensely. I'm about to get started right now on that first one. Goodnight.