(Originally published: October 29, 2010)
My friend Ben from work always tells me really funny stories about the dates he goes on with major creep statusers from OkCupid. I thought I would take it upon myself to find true love and joined the site. (okcupid.com... lots of gems) I made a profile and posted the below pictures that I thought I looked the prettiest in so I could get the best caliber of men. Boy was I right. They had a lot of good things to say and since inner beauty is what counts, I knew they were in it for the long haul.
My profile was rather short. I hit a few key points in my life that you all should know about me. To sum it up, I said I worked on a TV show, I like to snowboard, I love sushi and sandwiches, and that I have a GREAT smile.
I felt like the Keebler Elf and jumped with joy when I received many new messages from single men in the Los Angeles Area. Most of them really knew how to woo a woman of my stature and I was certain I would find my life partner like Ellen and Portia.
Below are some of my favorite messages I've received....
- "I don't think I can sleep tonight, unless I can kiss you goodnight!"
- "wow. you're gorgeous. do u like tall men with large italian cocks? i only ask because i'm 6ft3 and i own and over-sized chicken farm in rome."
- Subject: Yep. "Definitely your smile."
- Subject: Cucumber "You're cute. BUT Are you cool as a cucumber? It's a must. ;)"
- "Your smiling is stunning!!!!" **My Smiling, Huh? Good to know**
- "Danika, I'd love to talk to you and take it from there. If we were at a bar I'd buy you a shot of tequila, because that's an awesome way to roll and ask if you'd want to go to a Laker game with me sometime" **I'm actually considering calling him. I like how he just gets to the point**
- Subject: I'm on a Horse: "ahah just letting you know you were one of my matches and you seemed interesting! I love that you're ambitious about making movies. Have you made any of your own yet? I hope that didn't sound too creepy..." **.... So tell me, where does the horse come in?"
- Subject: Sail Away With Me "We can go to Greece where I'll become an emperor and you can come and bring me grapes. Or we can become pirates and have an excuse to get drunk all day and steal things." **This is just weird**
- "I haven't talked to you in a long time. How have you been? : )" **I'll admit. I fell for this one. I don't know this guy. He wanted me to think I do. But I don't. And now I never will.**
- **This one's my favorite: (I blocked out the info cause my blog is super famous and I don't want you weirdos contacting my boyfriend)** "You seem like an fun and interesting person I would love to chat with you, hit me up 310.XXX.3394 and my BBM is 30EEXX1. If you have AIM add me PhaXXneusa is my ID and for MSN nicXX100@comcast.net/Facebook it is nicXXX44@gmail.com. Have a great weekend! **I love a guy who plays hard to get**
Here is where the experiment comes in.
Because I am a big believer in true love, I decided to post some new pictures of myself to keep the messages flowing in. I deleted the prior ones I had, and posted these new ones below...
And I waited...
Eureka! Finally my prince charming responded. Here is what he had to say...
"Hey I think your pretty awesome and I was just wondering what your thoughts were on casual sex??"
I think he is the one and he seems to really know what I'm looking for in a man. I'll let you guys know how everything works out. Keep a look out for a change in my Facebook relationship status.
P.S. About 30 minutes after I changed my pictures from Exhibit A to Exhibit B I got this email...